Thursday, March 31, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

I woke up this morning to the sounds of heavy machinery and men shouting and -- just for a second -- I had 1/100th of the feeling that people in the middle east and Japan must be having.  I was insecure in my own home. Threatened. Then a wave of relief washed over me and I realized that I was safe in bed in a quiet neighborhood in an American suburb.  Wow.  I am just not thankful enough for that. 

I'm still not sure what was making all the noise.  One of my neighbors is evidently having their house razed to the ground. :)  Whatever it was, it involved a lot of clanking and thumping and shouting. 

No pictures today -- and maybe for a while.  My camera battery is dead and I can't find the charger.  I looked for over an hour last night.  Fortunately, when I finally gave up, I was able to find an inexpensive replacement online.  Even if I find the old one, it'll be nice to have a back-up.