Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun With the Magic Box

Today I'm just showing off. I've been researching my family tree and, as part of that, I've scanned a bunch of old photos that we had. I found this one of my grandfather, Roy Isenberg, and his brothers. My granddad is the cute littlest one with his hand on his big brother's knee. This picture was taken around 1900.
Through the magic of Photoshop, I've restored the image over the past week -- it takes a lot of time and patience -- and I'm almost done with it. There are still a few more tweaks to make, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it. Isn't it amazing what you can do? Of course, the original photograph was very sharp to start with. You can see the weave of their tweedy coats and the check on the houndstooth. Whoever took this photo was definitely a pro. By digitizing it, I hope to preserve it for my family in the future.

No comments: