Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back in Hot Water


Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that I woke up this morning and had no hot water. The good news is that after calling several plumbers, I finally found one who would come out and replace it on a Saturday. The bad news is that it cost $1000. The good news is that I had enough money in my account to cover it.


I felt like I couldn't really complain about having to wash my face in cold water and not getting a shower knowing what is going on Japan. The shocking videotapes of the tsunami sweeping over the country are beyond belief. It's hard to even get a grip on the utter devastation.


Coming back from Mississippi yesterday, Jeff was sitting in the airport with the general counsel of a company he's doing work for. The woman was glued to the television screen and told him that her entire family, her parents and grandparents, live in the little village closest to the epicenter of the quake. I hope she gets good news, but it doesn't seem very likely. God be with her.

No comments: