Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

 Happy St. Patrick's Day!  We're all a little Irish today -- although my recent genealogy searches show that I do have a least one Irish ancestor way back in the 1700s.  I got Kate this adorable hat to wear today in honor of the occassion.  Strangely, she left it behind this morning and didn't wear it to high school.  I guess she didn't want to be the envy of her friends.  :)  I offered it to Jeff, but he didn't want it either! 

Fortunately, I found someone who would wear it.  I guess he's an Irish Setter for the day. 
Today's good thing is a website called http://www.123greetings.com/ .  My friends and I have been emailing each other St. Patrick's Day cards today.  Georgette introduced us to the site, which allows you to send ecards for free to anyone with an email address.  Some of them are animated and most have music.  I'm sure some of them are irritating, but most seem to be fairly high quality and some are beautiful.  I wouldn't do it all the time, but for a birthday or special occasion it's more fun than sending a plain email. 

No comments: