Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Kathryn!

And now for a brief interlude of swearing ...
Sewing is not my thing. Occasionally, however, I forget this and plunge into a project for which I am ill suited. Only true love for my sister could make me complete this roll up knitting needle case for her birthday. I goofed it up in every way possible and had to take out each seam at least once. Hard to believe, seeing that it's only a lot of rectangles sewn together -- but I can do it.
In the end, it turned out pretty well though and I think she liked it. I particularly wanted to make her something from the bee printed fabric because she's taking up bee keeping this spring. I got an entire set of double pointed bamboo needles to fill it, plus some scissors and a needle gauge and some tapestry needles.
I'll have to let the sewing machine cool off for a long time before I take on another sewing project ... or at least one that Lynne doesn't hold my hand through every step.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Spinning-2: House cleaning-0

So... I'm not the greatest housekeeper. My house looks like wild elephants have been passing through on their annual migration (even THEY wouldn't live here). But I've gotten some spinning and knitting done!
I finished the last of the fiber sampler. The last one was angora/merino and luscious to touch. You can even see the halo already. Now I just have to decide what to make with it.
I also got started on the "Fondle This!" offering for January (now that the February fiber has already arrived). It's baby llama dyed in colors that remind me of the sea shore. I'm spinning it into what will probably be a bulky three-ply.
I've also been working on my final panel for the Sample Stitch Kimono KAL. I saved the cable panel for last and I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. Then comes the sewing up of all 12 panels! Yipes!
Last, and least, I've been working on a gift for my sister's birthday which shall go unviewed until I give it to her. Needless to say, I screwed it up every way possible and had to call Lynne for emergency telephone assistance. I did get it done ... but it's not exactly the way it was supposed to be. I made changes that are "design features" ... right.

Monday, February 11, 2008

First Posting

Hi! I decided to change the name of my blog because someone else actually had the name "Spinning a Yarn" and I didn't want to be a copy cat. I couldn't think of a good name though and so I kept posting under that name until now.

Fortunately, my husband is brilliant and came up with a good name. As most of you know, I'm in the process of creating a space for myself in the finished basement (which was intended to be a playspace for the children, but they hardly ever used it and now they're teenagers). It's intended to be a combination Craft Studio and Law Office. So, Jeff came up with the name "Wool & Bull" to cover both uses of the space.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to get people to go to the new blogsite. I guess I need a link over from the old one. Anyway, if you got here please make a note of it and come back!