Monday, March 14, 2011

Nocturnal

Last night around 10:30, I felt a little antsy. So, at that late hour, I decided to run some errands. I posted a package to my sister at the 24-hour post office kiosk and went to the grocery store.



Isn't it nice to able to get things done whenever you feel like it? When I was a little girl, if you wanted to do anything late at night just forget it -- and, on Sunday in particular, there was no way. On one hand, you could say it was nice back then because you were forced to be idle and made to rest ... but I suspect our mothers weren't actually idle at all just because the stores weren't open. They had to plan their activities more carefully and simply do without if they ran out of something. They were forced to be more efficient and structured. I like being able to do what I like when I like.



While I was at Krogers, I found a beautiful orchid plant on sale. It was the only one of this type on display and I thought it was beautiful. I've been wanting an orchid for a while -- my Mom grew them and my sister is growing them now. I'm hoping that she can help me if it starts to look unhappy. It has plenty of buds, so I'm hoping to have a long blooming season before it goes dormant (or, more likely, dead).

No comments: