Monday, March 21, 2011

Weathering the Storm

Sunday was not a good day. 
  •  I got up late, so we missed church.
  • Jeff and I had a little dust-up because I couldn't find the power cords to either his computer or his Kindle and then I DID find my cell phone charger under a bunch of his stuff where it should not have been. 
  • I got caught up on the computer and ran late to join Jeff and Ally at Kate's last high school play performance. 
  • Ally's car was blocking mine in the driveway and she had the only set of keys with her.
  • After rolling Ally's car out of the way -- still running late -- I was almost completely out of gas. 
  • When I stopped for gas, the car refused to start again and only made a clicking noise.  The belt that has been squeaking for some time apparently chose this moment to break. 
  • I called AAA and a tow truck took me to the repair shop -- which was closed on Sunday of course. 
  • I had a cab pick me up at the repair shop and take me to the school where I arrived in time to see the last part of the first act. 
  • After the show, we took Kate out for a celebration dinner where I ate one shrimp bruscetta, two very small bites of steak and two spoonfuls of lobster bisque. 
  • When I got home I threw it all up. 
Yet, I weathered it all in pretty good form.  I didn't fall apart.  I handled the situation.  Some days, that's a victory in itself. 

On Saturday, I ordered some lovely yarn from Jimmy Beans to make the Aspen Cabled Shrug pattern that Lynne lent me. 

In the meantime, to keep my hands occupied, I selected a skein of my handspun Angora/Alpaca and found a pattern on Ravelry that would suit it.  It was only 60 yards long, so finding a pattern was tricky, but the Ravelry pattern finder is so helpful!  I'm making this cute reversible neck warmer.  Now all I need to find are some really cute 1" buttons. 

I'm already half way through the pattern.  I'm been doing so many socks that this fat yarn and big needles make the knitting seem to fly. 

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

Boy that was the day from hell.I've had those but not recently. Hope today will be better for you.