Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eat Your Heart Out, Norman Rockwell


(This is not my food -- I borrowed it from a free stock photo site.) 

Today's good thing is finally having a family evening together.  Ally, of course, is away at college for most of the year but over the past few weeks even the three of us at home haven't sat down for a meal together.  Jeff has been overwhelmed at work and Kate has been at play practice almost every night or cheering at a basketball game. 

But this week the play is over and Ally is home for spring break.  Last night I made chicken and dumplings (one of Ally's favorites) and we actually got to sit down and say grace together and share a meal.  It was very special to me. 

Afterward, we all watched an old silent movie called "The Boob" and filled in our own dialogue.  It was pretty racy!  Kate even complained that we were all "working blue."  There was a lot of laughter -- I love my family. 

BTW, the car repair was only $73 for replacing the belt.  Hooray!  That could have been a LOT worse!

No comments: