Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stash to the Rescue

 Yesterday, my super bulky alpaca/wool blend yarn came in from Jimmy Beans and I was all ready to start on the cabled shrug I had planned. I got it all wound into a ball and CRAP I don't have any size 17 circular needles -- the largest circs I have are 13s!  So I ordered some from Knitpicks to go with my Harmony interchangable needles -- and, of course, I found it necessary to order at least $50 worth of stuff -- because I want that free shipping.  So, last night there I was with no project and twitchy fingers. 

Stash to the rescue.  I did some stash diving and came up with a beautiful skein of handspun Finn wool called Waterlilies from Hampton Artistic Yarns.  A Ravelry search for suitable patterns turned up this one with a cabled edge that looked interesting.  It's called "My Swissie's Hat."  I'm not really understanding that name, but the hat looks cute. 


So, thanks to the beloved stash, I was able to knit last night while I watched "Guys and Dolls" -- the movie -- with Kate.  It may have had Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra, but I enjoyed the Villa Madonna production more.