Sunday, March 13, 2011

Appreciation

I finished the Potamatus socks this morning. They turned out nicely with a generous amount of leg and a pretty design. Once Kate determined that the pale color in with the black and white was actually a lavender, she has been asking me whether she could have them. I played coy, but I think she knew I would give them to her if she wanted them. She was excited when she saw that I was kitchenering the toe this morning and put them on as soon as I got the ends woven in. It's so nice to have your work appreciated. She was thrilled with them and happily wore them off to play practice this afternoon. Strangely, she just bought a skirt in those exact colors! I have some assurance that she'll really enjoy them because the Monkey socks (another Cookie A. pattern) that I made for her a year and a half ago have been in the wash every week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the socks, mama! I've gotten a bunch of complements about them! <3

Somerhill said...

pretty!

Lilac Haven said...

Love them!