Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Not Weird, Unique!



I finished my Irish Moss socks this morning. What can I say? They're unique. When I made the first one, I made the leg portion too long, so I didn't have enough yarn to finish the second one. Fortunately, I had some of the same yarn in a different color in my stash.
I know some people would have ripped back the first sock and made it shorter and some people would be really bothered by the different color -- but it won't show when I have shoes on and it doesn't bother me. I guess I'm not a perfectionist.
I have them on my feet right now and they're really snuggly. Yay for handknit wool and cashmere socks!

1 comment:

Somerhill said...

I think they are lovely! The pattern really shows up nicely on the darker part.
You will probably start a new trend! LOL