Monday, February 7, 2011

Free Wheeling

Today's good thing is spinning. Spinning is a relaxing, soothing, and somewhat productive hobby (At least you can tell yourself that you're producing something). I put aside my spinning wheel for almost a year when I got my new job, but I recently picked it back up again. Last night, while watching the Superbowl, I finished the corriedale I started a few weeks ago. It's in three shades of green, from dark to very light. Although Judith McCuin would be horrified, I split the roving AND I'm going to Navaho ply it. Fortunately, Judith is unlikely to see the hat I'm planning to make from it.


Last night, while Ally was home from college with us, we celebrated Kate's 18th birthday (which is actually on Tuesday). I made a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing -- her favorite.


No comments: