Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Capturing Light

Today's good thing is my trusty camera. Photography is something I really enjoy. I'm not much of an artist, but I can capture a picture (sometimes) that evokes a mood or delights the eye. I've been told that I have a good eye for composition and I once even won a photography contest.



A couple of years ago, I got this Canon Rebel XS camera for my birthday. To be perfectly honest, it's so high end that I really don't know how to work all the buttons and whistles. But I can get some good shots just using the automatic functions. [Someday, I'll sit down and read the manual!]




For instance, I'm able to get some lovely shots of the valentine roses that Jeff brought for me and for Kate last night. He brought me a dozen white roses and for Kate a dozen lavender roses. Usually he brings red for me and pink for Kate, so he said he was switching it up this year. Not only did we get roses, but we also got chocolate! We were so spoiled!

I'm lucky that he's such a romantic guy and that he remembers things like Valentine's Day.

No comments: