Monday, January 31, 2011

I Love Lucy


I'm a little late, but Saturday's good thing is "I Love Lucy." Friday night I wasn't feeling very well -- I had thrown up again and other things weren't going well -- so I laid down on the couch and watched the Hallmark channel's "I Love Lucy" marathon until 1:30 a.m.
It was good to see Lucy again and she hasn't changed a bit. I felt like I could go back in time to the fifties, when I was a child and everything was taken care of for me ... when Lucy was under the protective (and slightly condescending) care of Ricky and always plotting with Ethel, but never really doing any harm.
Watching the show made me feel secure and pampered, as if I were home sick from school and getting a treat. So, long live "I Love Lucy," the first and quintessential sitcom.

No comments: