Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hot & Steamy Wrongness

Today's good things are hot showers ... no pictures :) ... and clean sheets. There's something extra luxurious about having a hot shower and then slipping into clean sheets ... something almost decadent.



As I was thinking about showers, I concluded that we are extra-lucky because showers are a relatively new invention. Wrong! I actually looked it up. Showers were invented by the Greeks at least by the 4th century B.C. , complete with indoor plumbing. Shows how much I know!



In another startling instance of "wrongness," I rejoiced this morning because my song sparrow had returned. I heard him singing outside my window and took it for another sign of spring. I look for this guy every year. He either nests in my yard or my neighbor's and sings so beautifully all summer.



Well, again, I looked it up. Song sparrows don't migrate in Kentucky. They're year round birds. So what's he been doing all winter? Slacking?



While I was surfing, I found a new way to drive the birds in my backyard crazy. Birdjam has bird songs available online and apparently the Northern Cardinal is on a loop. I've been playing it for about an hour and the cardinals outside are going nuts. They want to know who's the new bird in their territory.

2 comments:

Lynn M Best said...

Now that's funny...messing with the birds :) Thanks for sharing BirdJam. That's a nice reference for getting a better idea of what birds are in my yard.

Lilac Haven said...

Our biologist friend uses Bird Jam to attract whatever birds he is looking to photograph to the vicinity of his bird blind in the woods. His photos are remarkable.