Friday, February 25, 2011

Serious Progress

Today's good thing is more of a health bulletin. I went to the doctor yesterday and he sort of fussed at me for not keeping up with my blood sugars. A major reason for my surgery in December was to keep my Type 2 diabetes under control. Diabetes is what led to my Mom's death in September.



Well, I took a reading this morning and got a 98! That's perfectly normal. Before the surgery, I was averaging 140 first thing in the morning. So, it's working! I'm likely to be a healthier person!




More snow this morning, if you can believe it. It was only a light dusting, but I'm ready for spring. It rained so hard last night that there are flood warnings. I'm so glad the sump pump appears to be holding up and my basement/office isn't flooded.




My heart goes out to an Amish woman who tried to cross a stream in her buggy last night and it turned over. She lost four of her six children. God be with her.

No comments: