Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Thing That Wouldn't Die

Today's good things are plants that fail to die. I have a scented geranium on my kitchen windowsill that has lived -- against all odds -- for three years. This morning I noticed its green leaves against the backdrop of frigid backyard and was thankful for a ray of cheer.





I usually only do well with succulents, like aloe and jade plants. They thrive on neglect and, as one orchid aficionado pointed out to me, if they die you can't really tell the difference.





This scented geranium has waxed and waned over the years, and even bloomed. Today, although it's looking a little sad, it's green and even has some shoots of new growth coming in at the bottom.





The weather is freezing cold today. I'm glad the rabbits are sheltered in the garage. Looks like it's too cold for Sam and he's ready to come back in!










No comments: