Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pass

I'm just not into it today. Everything seems to be in an uproar -- Kate is fighting with a teacher at school, Ally is suddenly unsure of her path, Jeff fussed at me last night and I'm ... I'm ineffective, impotent ... inadequate. All I seem to able to do is to listen and provide a shoulder -- while Jeff is giving cogent advice, making plans, mustering the troops, and getting himself all worked up (and then yelling at me). No wonder they go to him with problems ... he doesn't just listen and then throw it back to them to solve.



Anyway, yesterday I took some pictures of my strawberry banana smoothie intending to be thankful that Georgette taught me how to make them. They're pretty tasty, go down well without irritating my stomach, and have lots of protein -- especially if you make them with Greek yogurt. They are good and I do thank Georgette for encouraging me to make them.



I'm also thankful that my dinner is already prepared. I threw a bunch of stuff in the crock pot and we're having New Brunswick Stew for supper. One less thing to think about.


I'm also glad I work from home so I can set my own schedule. It's 10:30 and I haven't done squat yet today. Come on coffee, kick in. This day has got to get better.

No comments: