Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Taking Care of Baby

Poor Sam. Today's good thing is Erlanger Veterinary Hospital and the fine care Dr. Bette Vecchione gives him there. I hope she doesn't mind my putting her picture on my blog -- it's meant as a compliment.
Yesterday, I took him in for a regular check up ... although he's been in several times this year for a strange allergy that causes him to scratch his back almost raw. Not only did he need a cortizone shot for his allergy, but he also had an ear infection in his left ear and an infected anal gland. So, he's miserable from head to toe! Poor guy!
I think (hope) he's a little more comfortable now that we've started treatment. He's on antibiotics (he HATES taking pills) and I've got some lotion to put on his itchy back. I'm just so thankful that we could do something to help him feel better.
I finished the first sock of the Potomatus socks and started on the second one. I'm interested in seeing whether they really get softer after washing.
Speaking of wash, today is wash day. I've got loads in. I'm starting to notice that my clothes are really baggy. According to the scales, I've lost about 48 pounds. I guess I ought to start thinking about getting some new clothes.

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

That bunny looks like our Duke. Who is he?

I want to make some socks!