Friday, February 4, 2011

Bunnies and Bananas

This is the picture I took when I let Sam out this morning. There were frost flowers all over the storm door. Beautiful!





Today's good things are sweet bunnies who eat banana from your hand. I never would have guessed it, but when we got Andy the breeder told us that rabbits LOVE banana, the riper the better. It's like rabbit ice cream. This morning I saw that I had a bunch of past-their-prime bananas and so I cut off some pieces and took them to Andy and Genevieve in the garage. They were so excited! Genny, always the prim one, likes for you to hold it while she nibbles delicately. Andy, on the hand, takes a firm hold on the peel and yanks it from your hand. They really warm my heart with their fluffy goodness.

Genny looks a little shell-shocked in this picture. I guess she wasn't expecting the flash. That's Andy's gray fur behind her. Here's another picture of Genny looking more dignified last fall. Her fur shed from front to back, so the light hair is old and the black hair is new.

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

Mine love bananas. They can smell them coming!