Friday, February 11, 2011

Blogging Blessings

Today's good thing is this Blog. Okay, it may seem lame, but in the month since I've been doing this, I've really started to get a kick out it. I find myself challenged to think of a good blessing to share every day and I enjoy taking pictures to illustrate it. Even if no one reads it -- and hardly anyone does -- it helps me to focus on the positive.

Here's a picture of my basement workspace. Originally we finished the basement as a playroom for the girls when they were little -- but they never really used it that much. They preferred to be upstairs with me. Jeff never comes down here due to his allergies. So, a couple of years ago, I repainted it to suit myself (green and brown) and claimed it as my Studio/Law Office. Jeff christened it "Wool & Bull." It's full of my stash, my handspun, my knitting and spinning books, and my files and computer. It can be a little grim in the basement all the time, but it's my own space.

I've made some progress on the Potomatus socks. Now that I'm in the rhythm of the pattern, it's not that hard -- in fact, I enjoy it. Cookie A. is a sock genius. It's hard to see, but the pattern looks like overlapping curving scales. I'm about halfway through the leg portion of the sock.






No comments: