Thursday, February 17, 2011

A New Me ... Well, New Haircut Anyway

Today's good thing is going to the hair salon. My stylist, Jacquie, has been around since the girls were babies. She did my hair before she was married and she has three kids now -- one of them a teenager! When Jeff suggested a new "do" to go with my weight loss (45 pounds and counting), he obligingly printed out some hairstyle pictures from the Internet that he thought would look nice. Now, I know that most women would bridle at the idea of their husbands telling them about hairstyles, but I'm clueless and I appreciated the help. I took the pictures to Jacquie and she was able to consolidate them into a new look for me.


What do you think? I'll have to get used to the bangs on my forehead -- they feel sort of funny -- but I think they're flattering. I just hope that once I wash it, I'll be able to style it like Jacquie did!


That brings to mind another good thing about the hair salon: having your hair washed. It's so relaxing to have someone wash your hair for you and rub your scalp. It feels so luxurious.


Speaking of luxury and being spoiled, look at the way my Valentine roses are opening up. They get even more beautiful every day.


Last, but not least (what a cliche!), I was gratified to learn that Wendy Johnson of Wendy Knits agrees with me about the Wollmeise. She pointed out the same things that I've been noticing: (1) It's not very soft -- she described it as a cottony feel; (2) It kinks up a LOT; and (3) the plies split as you knit. Wollmeise lovers who responded to Wendy's post agreed that it kinks and splits but the colors are to die for and that makes it all worthwhile for them. Everyone also consistently reported that the yarn becomes much softer after it's washed -- so I have hope for my Potomatus socks.

No comments: