Friday, April 8, 2011

Blooming Fun

Today's good things are african violets.  They're hard to kill -- although it has been done -- they blossom a lot and they're fun to watch as the blooms unfold. 

Mom grew african violets on her kitchen windowsill in special african violet pots.  Those african violets are now dead.  Daddy just isn't into the whole houseplant thing.  Kathryn didn't want them, so I inherited all four of her african violet pots. 

I wanted some special violets for these pots, not just the kind you pick up in the grocery store [although, frankly, I looked in the grocery store and couldn't find any -- they used to have them all the time. ???].  So, I ordered some specific varieties from Fancy Bloomers in NJ.  Donna there was very nice and sent me an extra plant because they didn't have one that I wanted in the proper size. 

Today, I'll be putting these guys in their "new" pots and hoping for the best. 

Yesterday, I finished up the Aspen Cable Shrug.  I like the way it looks.  I may be making more of these.  Somebody on Ravelry has made about 11 of them.  She REALLY likes the pattern. 

I took a picture of the lovely hyacinths in my front yard, but the camera in the phone leaves something to be desired.  I tried to fix the color with Photoshop, but it still isn't true to life.  The ordered battery charger for the good camera still hasn't come in -- expedited shipping, my ass -- and the old charger hasn't turned up, so I'm struggling on with the phone camera. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love houseplants too but after starting the farm they got so negleted that they all died. You have green outside. I'm a little envious. It will be here soon I hope.

Brandi said...

Sorry about my post above It's not anonymouse it's Brandi darn sticky fingers!!!