Saturday, April 16, 2011

Feeling the Love

Wow.  My birthday continues to be celebrated.  I'm really milking this thing!!!  My sister sent me the most perfect gift yesterday.  I still can't believe how perfect it is. 

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I spend an inordinate amount of time in the basement of my house working on the computer.  It's called home-based employment and allows my employer to avoid paying for a work space for me and allows me the flexibility of working my own hours.  Overall, that's good -- but spending hour upon hour alone in the cold windowless basement is a little demoralizing.

Enter Kathryn's gift.  It's called The Intelligent Plant Light.  It's a plant light that's just big enough for one potted plant (just the right size for my desk) and does everything possible to keep me from killing houseplants.  I mean, this thing is super high-tech.  You set it for the proper season and it's on a timer that will give the appropriate amount of light for that season -- or you can set it to give a uniform amount of light all the time.  AND it has a wand that you place in the pot and it will tell you when the plant needs water!  It's freaking amazing!  Surely, even I will be able to grow a plant on my desk.  Some life!  Some green-ness!  Some blossoms even!  I put one of my new african violets under it.  This one is called Starry Night.  It really adds a lot to my work space. 

People have been so amazingly thoughtful this year.  It makes me believe I am loved.  That's a very good feeling. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a thoughtful gift your plant looks happy and beautiful.