Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just Under the Tag

It's getting late and I'm almost out of time to post a "good thing" for today. 

If you had asked me this morning, I would have said there are no good things.  This morning, I was a mess.  Work stuff ... snide boss, deadlines looming, mind-numbingly boring and endless, seemingly pointless, tasks. 

At noon, I had a meeting with a personal trainer at our health club.  Not exactly my idea of a good time ... especially when I'm already having a bad day.  Nancy was a very pleasant surprise.  She was well-informed and flexible.  She neither over-estimated or under-estimated my abilities.  She put together a very "do-able" program for me AND gave me some special exercises to help my arthritic knee. When I left the gym, I actually felt happier and more energetic. 

The question now is whether I can follow through on my own now that she's set up a plan for me.  Stay tuned for further updates.

No comments: