Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sunny Spring Day

At last, we're getting some sunshine and spring weather.  I went outside and gave Genny and Andy a treat of the dandelions that are springing up.  I feel differently about dandelions with the rabbits around.  I alway try to keep a couple of healthy dandelions in the yard so that they have a supply through the summer.  They really love them -- and raspberry leaves, and oak leaves and parsley and apple branches & leaves.  They won't eat just anything though. I've tried them on a couple of random weeds and they don't even give them the time of day. 

The sun shining through the petals of these tulips made a lovely sight on my back patio. 

Today's good thing is people who are willing to do that little bit that helps. I wound up my new Swiss Mountain Sea Sock yarn and bravely started in on Mizar,  an admittedly challenging pattern.  Well,  I've been struggling with it.  It's from Anna Zilboorg's Socks for Clogs and Sandals.  It requires twisted traveling stitches and I found the chart almost indecipherable.  While I was trying to get some hints online to unravel the chart, I learned that Merike Sarniit did the charts for the book and that she has a published email address. So, I went straight to the source -- but not really expecting a reply. I was stunned to receive an immediate response, and not only that, but she said that Anna Zilboorg was with her and they would answer my questions.  Through a series of emails, I got straightened out and have completed two of the pattern repeats.  I guess it didn't really take a lot of time for them to help me, but it made all the difference.  Thanks, Anna and Merike!

I brought a little of the springtime indoors to sit on my desk.    

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I try to keep dandylions going too. My buns also get appletree branches which they love. That is a beautiful sock!! I love the design.