Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Poaching Beauty

This morning on the way to the gym -- yes ... the gym ... it IS possible, stop laughing -- I noticed a beautiful new pink dogwood blooming in my neighbor's yard.  So, later in the day, I took a break and tip-toed through the raindrops to take a picture of it.  Isn't it lovely?  It's only about 6 or 7 feet high right now. 

I also got a shot of my tomato plants.  I ordered these things online and they may be a huge mistake.  We'll see.  You could only buy them in four packs, so I gave half of them to my neighbor with the pink dogwood. One is named Cherokee Red and the other is Principe Borghese.  They're both heirloom tomatoes and hope they won't be too hard to grow.  I don't exactly have a green thumb! 

The herb garden is such a mess that I'm not even going to take a picture of it, but I did notice that the peppermint is up and thriving and so is the oregano. 

No comments: