Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Now This is Almost Embarrassing ...

Believe it or not, I got ANOTHER gift yesterday from my sister.  She is really spoiling me this year!  She must be expecting a really great Christmas gift from me. :)  She sent me a gorgeous african violet pot -- a pot specifically made to keep african violets alive.  It has two parts, the bottom part you fill with water, and the top part you fill with soil and plant.  The water leaches through the unglazed pottery of the top pot and keeps the plant moist but not wet.  African violets like this. 

Stupid me, Kathryn and I talked about these pots for about an hour on the phone the other day and I didn't have a clue that she was planning a birthday present.  I thought she was planning to get some african violets for her new house.  I even told her the ones I liked the best. 

In other news, Kate performed for the last time on the VMA stage last night (unless you count graduating as a performance).  She sang a song from the Broadway version of "The Little Mermaid" at Songs for Soup, a benefit to raise canned goods put on by the music club.  I filmed it with my Flip camera, so the video and sound quality aren't the best, but if anyone is interested, I'm risking death at Kate's hands to share it: 



1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

Lovely..with the exception of Argyle chomping in the background. She's very talented. Glad you shared this.