Wednesday, April 20, 2011

There's Got to Be a Morning After

Bedraggled Tulips
I may not be able to predict the weather, but I can certainly predict the climate for today -- everyone in the greater Cincinnati area will be short-tempered and tired.  Nobody in this area has slept for the last two nights due to thunderstorms and last night's was truly impressive.  About 2 am the weather radar showed a huge blob of threatening red and yellow bearing down on us with wind gusts of up to 80 mph.  Sirens went off every few minutes as new tornados were sighted or predicted.


Our New "Pond"
 Of course, Sam was beside himself and Kate wasn't too calm either.  I had a hard time talking her out of dashing into the storm to check on the bunnies.  The way the wind was blowing, I wouldn't have been too surprised if their hutches had been blown over.  One of the unused metal trays that go under the hutches was blowing around the yard and making a huge racket.  But they were fine.  I fed them some dandelion this morning and they seemed none the worse for wear. 

Yesterday, I got virtually nothing done at my official work.  I was running around with Kate buying shoes and undergarments and going for her graduation dress fitting and picking up her car at the shop and getting groceries.  It was productive, but I won't get paid for it.  And I'll have to work extra hours through the week to try to make up the missing hours. 

I did, however, pick up a new member for my plant menagerie.  I found this lovely and very healthy looking rosemary at Home Depot (to replace the one I killed last year -- shhhh, don't tell this one that it's days are probably numbered).  I love to have a rosemary plant in the house.  You just have to brush the leaves lightly with your fingertips and you're scented for hours. 

1 comment:

brandi said...

Everything is so green we got hail, sleet and snow today. I'm envious