Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Up From the Dumps?

I've been down in the dumps recently. I've got my reasons. I had some surgery in early December that didn't go as well as I'd hoped and, as a result, I've been unable to hold down solid food for six weeks. I feel weak and somewhat depressed.

BUT, yesterday I heard a talk on Ted by a guy who was similarly depressed and started a blog of all the small good things in life. His blog is called 1000 Awesome Things, and it helped him feel better and ultimately led to a best-selling book and a Webbie award.

Not being a very original person, I thought I'd give it a try. Kate is always telling me to count my blessings. So, here goes.

This morning, on the way to take Kate to school in the snow, just as we reached a busy intersection with a four lane road, the traffic had a big gap -- so we slid right in with no delay. I love that.

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

It hard to be positive when the sun isn't shining and we are freezing our tushes off. Good job!