Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two Good Things

Today I have two good things. The first one I planned as I was lying in bed this morning. The second happened when I went out.




The first one is turning the heel of a sock. Last night I turned the heel on the first of a pair of socks I'm making out of the luxurious Casbah yarn Lynne gave me for Christmas (another blessing). Turning the heel looks difficult -- and does require paying a bit of attention -- but it's easier than it looks and gives you such a feeling of accomplishment.




The second good thing happened when I had to go out to the bank early this morning. My neighbor was on duty at the drive through window and, although we're not close friends, it was so pleasant to see a familiar smiling face and chat about the neighborhood for a few minutes. It was a sense of recognition -- she knew me. Working, as I do, alone in the basement at the computer, it was nice to see a friendly face and it started my day on a cheerful note.

No comments: