Monday, May 23, 2011

Busy Weekend, Lots of Pictures & Sheep Butts

It's been a busy weekend.  I went down to Lexington and stayed with my Dad.  On Saturday, my friend, Linda, and I went to the Kentucky Sheep & Fiber Festival and met Lynne and her friend, Kerry there.

Here are some pictures from the Festival:   



Sheep Butts:  Shorn & Unshorn
   

Linda feeds a llama
 
Adorable baby llama


My friend, Barb, taught a class
and sold her wares at the festival
 



Some of Barb's Goodies

This sheep is posing for the camera

Look at this sweet face!


On Sunday, Dad and I went to church together and went out for lunch. Then we went back to the house to clean out closets. 


Dad at 86
We're hoping to find Heidi a new home.  Heidi was my Mom's dog and Dad -- being an oldtime farm boy -- doesn't have much use for pets.  As my brother Frank says, Dad needs to uncomplicate his life as much as possible.  So, I put an ad in Craigslist and we've had a lot of people contact us, but -- even though they say they're coming -- no one has actually come to see her.  I don't really understand it.  Dad has waited around several times and the people just don't show up.  It's like an elaborate practical joke.  Maybe we question them too closely about their ability to care for her, but we only want her to go to a good home and she needs a fenced in yard because she's a runner.  I'm sad to see her go, but if we can find a good home for her it'll be for the best. 

I got home last night at 10:30 utterly exhausted, but it was a good weekend.

No comments: