Saturday, June 22, 2013

Armchair Power: Make It So, Number One.

Today's good thing is online shopping.  When I was growing up, stores had very limited hours.  Banks had even more limited hours.  If you needed a wedding gift, you had to ask around to find out what the couple needed, have the money on hand, make a trip out to the store, wrap the gift, and make another trip to the post office to mail it.  And, even then, you didn't know if the gift was duplicated by someone else.  

This morning I was able to sit in my chair, watching Spongebob, and view my niece's entire wedding registry.  I could even see which gifts she had already received.  I was able to pick something I thought she and her fiance would enjoy and send it, gift-wrapped, directly to her.  All without leaving my chair.

I love the Internet.  

No comments: