Monday, October 3, 2011

Shopping Spree

On Saturday, Jeff and I had dinner with our friend Larry and, as I was getting ready to meet them, I realized that I don't have any winter clothes anymore.  All of my 3X stuff hangs on me (thank goodness!).  Anyway, now that weather has started to be a little nippy, I need some new warm clothes. 

On Sunday, I took a box of my old sweaters out to Goodwill and thought I'd look around while I was there.  OMG!  I found some amazing things and ended up buying 21 winter tops for a grand total of $60. I really went nuts and overbought, but I only bought things that I really liked and that looked good on me.  Honestly, I put back as much as I bought. 

I ended up with four Land's End cotton turtlenecks, a Talbot's cabled pullover sweater, a Talbot's maroon cardigan, a Crofts & Barrow heavy cardigan, and a multitude of cotton long sleeved knit shirts in a variety of colors.  I'm set for winter!

The weather has been so lovely for the last few days.  This is my favorite time of year.  I've come up from the basement to work in the family room  -- even though it's a little less convenient than my office -- so I can have the patio door open and can enjoy some of the cool fresh air. 

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Congrats on winning the battle of the bulge you deserved a bit of a shopping spree!

Lilac Haven said...

Amazing the good stuff you can get at the thrift store.