Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ketchup

It seems like I'm always playing "catch up."  There's never enough time in the day. 

Anyway, I haven't posted for a few days but I haven't been totally remiss.  I've been thinking of good things for each day -- just not writing them down. 

Two days ago, my good thing was my cuddley fleece slippers.  They're very snuggley and comforting when you wiggle your toes. 

Yesterday, I was thankful for the fresh air, which I'm representing with this beautiful picture I got of the clouds early this morning.  Since the weather has turned cooler, I've come up from the basement and I've been sitting in a reclining chair by the open patio door when I work.  It's not quite as convenient as my office area downstairs, but the fresh air, sunlight, and bird song more than makes up for it. 

Today, my good thing is a simple thoughtful act.  When I was at Nancy's house for meditation a few weeks ago, I asked her permission to pull a dandelion from her yard to bring home to the rabbits.  This week, when we were at Georgette's house, Nancy brought me a bag full of dandelions!  The rabbits have had treats all week!  It was a small thing -- I'm sure Nancy and Eric were getting rid of the dandelions anyway and they were only going to be thrown away -- but Nancy had to think of me and the rabbits and had to find a plastic bag and put them aside for me and remember to bring them to Georgette's house.  

Out of that simple thoughtfulness, the rabbits and I have had so much enjoyment.  They've had several treats and they get excited when they see me coming with the bag.  Genny runs impatient circles around her cage when I come to her door. 

I hope I will be inspired to do something like that for someone else today.  I'm sure I'm paraphrasing here, but I remember a saying of Mother Theresa's that goes something like this, "Do no great things, only small things with great love." 

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

And here I thought you were going to sing the ketchup song from A Prairie Home Companion. Genny looks nice. Her wool is nice and shiny.