Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Social Bunnies

I'm still getting a kick out of the new rabbit habitat.  Andy and Genny have gotten used to their new homes and are starting to interact with each other in a way they weren't able to before.  At first, Andy just chased Genny around and she ran away.  Now he's calmed down and she's starting to feel comfortable having him around.  She seems to get a thrill out of going into his hutch and looking around. 

I'm having more fun interacting with them too.  This morning I took two pieces of banana out to them and stood inside the fence.  Andy came right up to me for his treat, but Genny hung back and approached me slowly.  Soon, though, I had a rabbit eating out of each hand. 

I got some video of them hopping around the pen this morning and Genny went over to Andy and gave him a nose bop.  As I understand it, that's a rabbit greeting.  I love this new pen set up!!! 

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I give my buns papaya tablets to prevent wool block. They think of these tablets as candy. As soon as they hear the sound of the tablets in the bottle, they put their front paws up on the walls of the cages and their noses thru the cage(like baby birds) waiting to be fed their treat.