Friday, September 9, 2011

Fun in Florida

Jeff and I are having a wonderful time in Florida -- we're just relaxing and doing only what we want to do.  Well ... I'm relaxing, Jeff has been on the phone with work for a significant amount of time each day.  Still, he's been in a relaxed mood overall.

We started out in Orlando last Saturday and spent Sunday cruising Epcot.  I got some pictures of the various countries and picked up some small souvenirs. 
Here's Jeff acting silly in Canada
The gardens of Canada
An interesting artwork in Mexico -- Are there seriously no bathrooms
at Mexico?  That's what I was told.  I had to go to Norway.
The Viking exhibit at Norway
A lovely wood carving in Norway
The entrance to China
Lovely water gardens in China.
China
Germany
Italy
The US Pavilion -- sort of appropriate that it has
storm clouds over it.
I loved this bronze decoration in the US Pavilion
This would be a perfect Disney job for Kate.
  There's a chorus that sings before the US show -- they
get to be indoors in the air conditioning and dress in Civil War era garb.
Sounds like a very sweet gig.
After we looked around Epcot, we went to the Flying Fish restaurant on the Boardwalk and sat at the counter so we could watch the chefs work.
I had a wonderful cheese platter and took a picture of the menu so maybe I can find the cheeses when I get home.

2 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

Last time I was there was in 1986.

WoolyWorm said...

When Elisha was little? Or was she even born?