Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Catching Up

I've been busy since we got back from Florida!  Wednesday, Kate called all upset and sick and wanted me to come down to Danville -- so I got a room at Shakertown and went down to be a mommy.  Of course, by the time I got there, she felt much better and her cold and sinus infection are almost completely gone by now.  :) 

I took Sam with me to Shakertown because they have a few pet friendly rooms there and I thought seeing Sam would cheer Kate up.  It did.  He was so funny!  A cow mooed outside the window and he was so confused.  First he barked, and then he hid.  He had no idea what that horrible creature could be! 

Kate came home with me over the weekend and got some more rest.  In fact, by Sunday she felt well enough to sing a solo for the meditation after communion and received a spontaneous round of applause after the service.  :)

On Saturday, I got to go to The Wool Gathering in Yellowsprings, OH with Lynne and Kerry and Mary Anne.  It was a beautiful day and I had a blast soaking up all the wooly goodness and seeing so many of my friends.  The fiber people have their own community and I just kept running into people I know.  It was a good feeling.

Kerry, Mary Anne, and Lynne

This gentleman let us pet his beautiful French Angora

My friend, Lisa, was there with her
excellent Blue Faced Leicester wool.
It was great to see her in person, instead of
just through the Internet!

Lisa's hand dyed Blue Faced Leicester locks

Some of the many gorgeous offerings of wool!
Of course, I added to my stash.  First and foremost, I bought a takli -- which is a small support spindle -- and a bowl for it.  I also got a little bit of fiber to spin with it and, of course, two skeins of sock yarn (which doesn't count as stash, right?), some buttons, and some other odds and ends.  



Additions to my stash
Last, but not least, the caterpillars are growing by leaps and bounds.  Here is one a few days ago:
And here are two of them today: 

No comments: