Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kathryn's House, Part 1: The Farmer's Market

Ally and I had a fun Fourth of July weekend.  Jeff and Kate may be in Japan and Korea, but WE got to go to Paducah, Ky. We drove down to Lexington on Friday and picked up my Dad and then drove to Paducah to stay with my sister, her husband and my two nephews in their new farm home.  This home has been in the works for years and finally got built and they moved in last November -- and neither Dad nor I had seen it yet!  So we invited ourselves on down.

Kathryn and Dad in front of the house
We had such a good time!  Their new house is fabulous and sits on 80 acres of gently rolling farm land.  We did so many fun things that I'm going to split this blog into several parts and address them separately rather than try to create a huge blog entry.  Today:  the farmer's market.

We arrived late on Friday evening and promptly kicked my nephew Jay out of his room so Ally and I could take it over.  He was very obliging.

Saturday morning, Kathryn and Dad and I took off for the Paducah Farmer's Market.   

I'll let the pictures of the produce speak for themselves:  
We got some corn and apples and watermelon and tomatoes and squash and I'm not sure what else.  Here's a picture of an expert watermelon thumper, my Dad, choosing a watermelon:   
It was a good time, but Kathryn seems unusually excited about that sweet corn she just bought .... 

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

Decided to do indoor camping? All three installments show a good time being had by all. You look fabulous!