Monday, January 4, 2010

Back in the Sunshine State

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that after our annual Christmas break vacation to Vero Beach, Jeff said I could stay for another week. He's taking care of everything at home -- getting the girls back to school and everything -- and letting me relax for another week here at a luxury hotel on the beach. The bad news is that my camera is out of battery and I can't post any pictures of the beautiful beach or anything. Apparently, I left the charger at home, so I'm out of luck. So everyone will just have to imagine the green/blue waves breaking outside my window, the white breakers and the rhythmic roar of the ocean.

The sun is shining brightly, but the weather is cold -- and is predicted to remain cold all week. It's beautiful, but it's not swimming weather, or even weather to sit outside in the sunshine. Fortunately, I have a lot of fun things to do indoors. I'm listening to an audiobook, taking a DVD course in Impressionist Art, reading a novel and knitting a hat.

I wanted to post a picture of my most recent finished object, but I guess that will have to wait until I get home. I knitted Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's "Pretty Thing," a lacy neck warmer, out of some beautiful angora/merino fingering yarn that Lynne gave me. It's a lovely lavender and green and turned out pretty well. Kate has been looking at it with a longing eye.

When I learned I would be staying here in Florida, my primary concern :) was that I didn't have any more yarn or a project to work on. After a lengthy search (Florida doesn't seem to be big on knitting), I found some wool yarn and I'm knitting a red hat for felting. It's going quickly; I may need to buy more yarn before I leave on Saturday!

I'm looking forward to starting a new class when I get home. I'll be working on a Masters Degree in CIT and taking a course on Scripting. I'll be finding out more about it, hopefully, when the class gets started. At the moment, I'm completely in the dark.

Since I don't have any pictures to share, I'll use the pictures I have. In the next blog entry, I'll be reporting on my Christmas with my extended family and my nuclear family and my first week at Vero -- I have pictures of all of that. See you soon!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Good for you! BTW, what are the CIT degree and scripting course?

Lilac Haven said...

Looking forward to seeing your projects. I have the Stitchy McYarnpants book. It is hilarious!!