Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas is on the way

Believe it or not, I've got my Christmas shopping essentially done. God bless Internet shopping. It's the first time ever that I'm not running around at the last moment. I may buy a couple more things, but I don't HAVE to. I could quit right now and everything would be fine. What an amazing thing. I may actually enjoy Christmas for a change. I made bourbon balls and gingerbread dough -- I haven't cut out the cookies yet, but that's not a huge deal. I've been wrapping everything as it arrives in the mail, so the wrapping is under control too. The only thing out of control is the house, which is a complete disaster -- but the housekeepers are coming today and they'll make it sanitary if not tidy. So, life is pretty good.

I'm working on one knitting project for Christmas so I can't really talk about it, but I'm almost done with it and I think it'll be finished well before Christmas. I didn't do a lot of knitting for Christmas because I don't usually knit for other people. I only knit for people who will appreciate hand-knitted items and usually that means knitters who could knit for themselves. But, this year, Ally borrowed a pair of my hand-knit socks and declared that she really likes hand-knit socks so I knitted a pair for her and for Kate for Christmas (no danger of them reading this blog -- they never do). So, I've got two pair of socks and one more knitting project to go under the tree.

Still nothing on the job front. I've applied a lot of places, but nothing concrete has come up. I'm still waiting to hear about the community college classes that I could teach. There is, however, an opportunity that I'm hopeful about. I can't talk about it yet and I don't want to jinx it, but I'm hoping that anyone out there reading this will keep their fingers crossed for me -- or say a little prayer that things will work out for the best.

So, Merry Christmas to EVERYONE! I hope your Christmas is peaceful and happy and full of love.

1 comment:

judy said...

Fingers crossed! A lovely season to you, too!