Saturday, January 23, 2010

Catch up with January Knitting

I finally found my camera battery charger AND the skein of pastel yarn that I thought was lost, so now I can post some pictures of what I've been doing and what I'm currently working on.

December and January were busy months for knitting projects. I made Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Pretty Thing neck warmer out of some beautiful angora blend yarn that Lynne gave me. The colors don't show up very well in the picture, but it's a gentle lavender and pale green. I had so much yarn left over that I made a headband to go with it.

I also made another neckwarmer. I decided that my pet skein of yarn, 50% silk and 50% merino in ocean shades, needed to finally be knit into something. It used to live by my desk and get petted a lot. Now it's become a neckwarmer. I used the Meine Kalte Liebe pattern that I've used before and liked.

When I was in Florida with nothing to do but knit, read and relax, I made three hats for felting and I felted them when I got home. The first one was red, the second one was purple and the last was is a wee beanie made out of the leftovers from the red and purple hats.

Last, but not least, my current project is a little baby hat for Maria and Eric's new baby, Caroline. I finally found the lost skein of pastel yarn and I started making a little hat from this pattern. After knitting about three inches of ribbing, I took a good hard look at it and realized that the hat would hardly fit a Barbie doll. Then I looked at the pattern more closely and realized it was for preemies. So, that hat took a visit to the frog pond. I started again with this pattern and it looks closer to the right size now, but the colors are pooling pretty badly. I'm officially taking the position that it doesn't matter.

2 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

I'm so jealous. All of these things are lovely. Nice work Penny, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Love the wee beanie - as well as all your other items!