Friday, June 8, 2012

Back on the Horse?

This morning the prodigal returned to the gym.  There was no fatted calf, but I do feel better for doing it.  I was so good for about nine months ... I went faithfully three times a week.  Then Christmas and vacations knocked me off the horse and I never got back up again.  So, today I'm back on the horse.  Send good enabling thoughts my way -- especially in the morning when I really want to stay in bed. 

I'm almost done with my first project from the yarn I sent to the mill.  It's 50% Andy and Genny's wool and, as I work with the yarn, it's developing a beautiful bloom.  It's got such a halo, in fact, that I'm sure I would never want yarn that's more than 50% angora except for trimmings or other specialty uses.  The pattern is The Emperor's New Scarf by the very clever Lucy Neatby.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I think the best description was that it looks like an art deco tree (upside down in this picture). 

4 comments:

Brandi Schoch said...

I'm glad your back on the horse my dental surgies and plantar fascitis have throw me off as well. I'll send good enabling thoughts your way too. The scarf is cute and very clever.

Lilac Haven said...

Yes it is a beautiful knitting project as usual!

parvina said...

I love your article.You can visit my website: spotify premium apk zippy

Nawazz said...

Hi This is SRK i'm suggesting you this is app RealCraft Pocket Survival Apk