Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rambling Update

Just a quick update.  Yesterday was a beautiful day -- mild and low humidity.  I wish I could have been outdoors more.

The basement clean-up continues.  I've got things generally organized into piles: papers, housewares, clothes, etc.  I'm so close to getting it under control that I can almost taste it.  Yesterday, I went through a bunch of my old papers from college.  I found a book of poetry that I wrote back then -- wow, there was so much fire and passion.  It actually wasn't half bad stuff ... and, no, I'm not sharing it. 

Kate's friend in South Korea, Sarah, has a mother who knits.  When Kate was staying with them this summer, she told them all about our angora rabbits and that I spin the wool.  When Sarah's mother expressed an interest, Kate said I'd be happy to send her a skein of the yarn.  :O  So now I'm spinning Andy fur in the evening.  It's actually fun -- I haven't been spinning recently and I'm enjoying getting back into it. 

My knitting projects are languishing.  My second Mizar sock is just at the start of the heel.  It requires some tricky analysis to divine the pattern at the point where it goes back and forth rather than in a circle -- so I stopped there and haven't picked it up again.  The Kernel Scarf is less demanding, but long, and so I pick it up and do a few rows every few days.  Unlike most knitters, it's odd for me to have more than one active project on the needles.  I like to complete things before I move on. 

All the pieces of Kate's navy sweater -- the one that was supposed to be a school sweater for her last year of high school -- are completed but I can't seem to get motivated to sew them together.  I'm afraid they won't go together properly and/or that they'll be the wrong size when they do.  I've got to bite the bullet on that one. 

Yesterday, I also dried a bunch of tomatoes in the oven.  They were so lovely on the rack that Kate took a picture but my battery was dead so I didn't get one.  Now I need recipe ideas for what to do with dried tomatoes!

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

I don't like to do more than one knitting project at a time either. Too much pressure.