Monday, February 16, 2009

The bunnies: Day 2

It's day 2 of bunny watch and even in one day they seem to have changed a lot.


Three of them are a very shiny silver color and the rest look dark brown now. I wonder if any of them will be blacks?!


They all seem active and healthy. There's one fairly small one, but it seems to be okay. One of them had clearly been fed recently to judge by his bulging tummy. Not all of them were bursting with milk, but I guess we just have to trust that they'll get a share sometime.


When the girls got home from school we all washed our hands and then brought the nestbox inside to check the bunnies. The girls love to hold one in their hands for a few minutes, and I don't suppose it hurts anything as long as they stay warm. We didn't keep them away from their mother for more than 10-15 minutes.


Lisa and Annette have been extremely helpful with advice and cyber-hand-holding. Thank goodness Lisa told me to expect Genevieve to lose her appetite for a couple of days or I would be worried sick. She ate a little bit of banana out of my hand this morning, but she hasn't finished her kibble at all. Annette reassured me that Genevieve will nurse the bunnies -- even if I never see it happen. Thanks, guys!

2 comments:

Somerhill said...

Looks like chocolates and lilacs. I suppose they could be blues, but since the rest are chocolate, lilac seems more likely.
If they were black, they'd have started out charcoal grey, and start looking black by now.
Interesting!

Lilac Haven said...

I was going to say chocolate and opal but I defer to Lisa on colors. I can't believe how much they have changed in one day! Good job with the hand washing. Women after my own heart.