Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Latest Finished Objects

My first finished object of the new year was Linda's beaded silk scarf. I still need to block it and send it to her. I love the way the little beads are nestled into it for about 6 inches on both ends. It gives it a good weight and drape.
My second was Ally's cabled tam, which I made out of hand-dyed 50% angora (from Andy) and 50% targhee that I spun into a worsted weight 2-ply. I think it turned out really cute and she's been wearing it all the time. I dyed it to go with her burgundy winter coat. It doesn't match exactly but it blends well. The more she wears it, the fuzzier it gets. I took this picture of her on her way out the door to school this morning and she didn't appreciate it. Now Kate wants me to make her one out of Genevieve's fur!

1 comment: