Friday, May 25, 2012

Things are Growing

Left to right:  Andy, Genny, and Charlie
Yesterday, Kate and I put together a new hutch for the new bunny -- whose name turned out to be Charlie, after all.  I decided that, albeit small, my rabbitry needed a name, so I'm going to call it "Canterbury Tails Rabbitry."  My husband and I became friends in a Chaucer class in college, so medieval literature has always been special to us.  Despite his allergies, he's been very accomodating of my love for angora rabbits and I thought it would be nice to tip a hat to him by naming the rabbitry after Canterbury Tales.    

Two new chairs and a planter make a restful spot.

Parsley, one bought at the store and three seedlings I grew.

Kentucky Wonder Beans and volunteer tomatoes fight it out in the planter.


A miniature rose getting ready to bloom.

Tiny green shoot in the middle of the picture.  This saucer magnolia is a fighter!
Darned if the heirloom saucer magnolia hasn't put forth a little green shoot.  Wow.  I would have sworn it was dead for sure!  We'll see if it can truly recover or not. 

1 comment:

Brandi Schoch said...

Your buns look like they will be very happy and enjoy their new neighbor. I'm so glad your magnolia is coming back. I thought it might.