Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Recent FOs and In Progress

The bunnies continue to grow, but they look pretty much the same -- only bigger every day. I thought I'd show some of the things I've recently finished today. First, I finished these thrum mittens a few weeks ago. The little v pattern in the exterior of the mitten is created by placing "thrums" or bits of carded wool into the knitted fabric as you knit. The ends of the thrums are left loose inside the mitten to form a fleecey cosy lining, which you can see in the mitten turned inside out.
Second, I made a nice cowl out of my handspun Louet merino/silk blend yarn. The pattern was easy and fun and I may make more of these. It makes a great neck warmer.
Third is my work in progress -- which continues to be in progress. I'm making a pair of "Guided by Love" socks and it's proving to be difficult. I've already had to rip it out twice. Fortunately, the yarn (Handmaiden's Casbah) is to die for and I can't wait to get these babies on my feet. The pattern is based on Cat Bordhi's sideways sock construction and has little paw prints that work around the leg. I think it's perfectly adorable ... but it's a pain to do.

2 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

All lovely items as usual.

Somerhill said...

I really like the cowl.