Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Show-off blog

I just wanted to show off this adorable apple baby hat that I made for a friend who just had her SEVENTH -- first girl. The pattern is a freebie and can be found here. Kate says it totally has the "awwh" factor.

Kate missed Gallery Night (her school's talent show) for the first time in six years because she has a terrible cold. She had prepared to sing (and play guitar) a ballad in Gallic. Unfortunately, the only way she could participate was through a display of her artwork. Although I am totally unbiased as her mother ... ahem ... I really thought this self-portrait was amazing.

Ally -- who does not have a cold -- sang "On My Own" from Les Miserables and did a wonderful job with it. She said this afternoon that being on stage doesn't scare her at all -- it's real life that makes her nervous.


1 comment:

Susan (and SmokeyBlue in spirit) said...

Now that is one cute hat. I am thinking that with just a change in yarn color we could have a peach or an apricot or even an orange -- maybe a blueberry too. Thank you for the link.
And, coming from a person that is not related to your daughter but does have an MFA (so you can consider me an unbiased authority--VBG) that self portrait needs framing. Way to go!
Happy Spring