Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snowed In

We're pretty much snowed in today. All the sane people stayed off the road and enjoyed a day of uselessness. We couldn't go anywhere, so naturally we couldn't do anything. There was nothing constructive inside the house that we could be doing ... no ... nothing at all. So we all snuggled up and watched T.V. for most of the day.
A couple of days ago I finished knitting these socks for my niece and I'll send them off to her as a late birthday present. She requested wool socks because it's cold in Amherst, where she's at school.
The one semi-constructive thing that I did today was ply the Llama that I got through "Fondle This." I think it turned out great. I usually like yarn better when, as this is, it's three-ply rather than two. I ended up with 54 yards. I hope that's enough to do something with it. I love the colors -- it's green and teal and purple. Somehow it reminds me of the sea shore.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who took this approach to the snow. There's something about being snowed in that just seems to cry out for lying around doing nothing. I like to think I was conserving my strength for the shoveling I need to do today!